Consistently creating high quality web content starts with a content strategy. If you don’t have a rationale for what you will do and a plan to get it done, it will be hard to meet your goals.
Write your web content for people first, and then make sure it’s search engine friendly. After all, people will purchase your services and products—and the search engines will help them find you.
Writing better web content will help you reach your business goals—but don’t worry if you’re not sure how—we’ve collected resources to improve your communication with audiences and search engines alike.
Writing Web Content for Your Audience
- Best Practices for Writing for Online Readers —Writing is all about your reader, learn how to make your writing more useful and keep your readers’ attention.
- 11 Smart Tips for Brilliant Writing — Your readers are busy. It’s your job to keep their attention.
- 27 Expendable Phrases to Cut from Your Marketing Copy — Keep that web content clean folks. Your readers will thank you.
- 23 Hints for Creating Content that Google Loves [infographic] — SEO crossover resource. Write web content for your audience first, and then think about how you can make it work for search engines too!
- 8 Common Mistakes When Writing For The Web – And What To Do About Them — Listen up first-time web writers! It’s better to form good habits right from the start.
- 5 Dastardly Writing Choices the Disrespect Your Web Audience — When it comes to effective reader-friendly prose, consistent quality depends on a writer’s diligence with the craft and empathy for the audience.
Writing better web content while following search engine optimization practices will bring your work and your audience together.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Basics
- SEO 101: Beginners Guide to SEO [infographic] — Why is SEO important for your website? If you aren’t sure, start here.
- What Is Search Engine Optimization / SEO — Easy to understand explanation of SEO.
- The Beginners Guide to SEO [online book] — Comprehensive guide to SEO that includes tools and keyword research. It’s especially useful if you’re writing your website text.
Visit our Web Content Resources for Small Business where you’ll find additional resources on these and related topics.