WordPress is the best website and content management solution for many small businesses. And as user-friendly as WordPress is, you probably still need some help learning how to use your website effectively. We’ve got some resources that you need to make sense of pages, posts, categories, and tags that will be essential to your work going forward. For a our complete list of resources visit How To Use Your WordPress Website.
Note: The videos below refer to WordPress.com, and some resources may refer to an earlier version of WordPress (the current version is 3.5). Don’t worry, the central concepts that you MUST understand to use WordPress (WP) effectively still apply.
Understanding WordPress Pages & Posts
- How WordPress Works: Page Vs. Post [infographic] — Learn the difference between a page and a post.
- WordPress 101: Beginners Guide to WordPress — Writing and publishing website pages and posts.
- Simple WP Guide: Working with Content in WP — Adding pages and posts, then formatting your text.
- Using Quick Edit and Bulk Edit to manage your posts in half the time — “Quick Edit” and “Bulk Edit” let you quickly change individual posts and groups of posts.
- A Comprehensive Guide to Formatting Your WordPress Posts and Pages
Understanding WordPress Categories & Tags
- How WordPress Works: Category Vs. Tag [infographic] — When you’re confused about the difference between a WordPress category and a tag, this infographic will clear things up.
- Categories vs Tags – SEO Best Practices for Sorting your Content
- Adding & managing categories after the fact — Learn how to add and remove categories on your blog posts.