Keeping up with technology is a necessary part of digital survival. These blogs & podcasts will help you to stay abreast of technology.
1. Tech Talk is a weekly program from the New York Times® that discusses gadgets, hardware, and software along with topics like security, troubleshooting software, and entertainment. Tech Talk also forgoes techno speak and offers plain English explanations.
2. Kojo Nnamdi’s Tech Tuesday from WAMU is a great way to keep up with all things technical. The highlight of the month comes on the first Tuesday when the Computer Guys (and Gal) show up to answer questions and explain technology without resorting to techno babble.
3. Marketplace Tech Report from American Public Media is a 5-minute daily podcast that covers everything from the latest gadgets to electronic law and privacy.
4. Mashable is a blog on social media/networking. It’s great for keeping up on news, ideas, strategies, and applications for services like twitter, Facebook and MySpace.
5. Gadgetwise is a personal technology blog from the New York Times. It covers everything from social networking to gadgets such as the iPhone and Kindle.
6. Lifehacker. A hodgepodge of tips, download links, and software reviews make your life easier on a daily basis. The bloggers at Lifehacker are prolific so just skim the post titles and read what you find interesting.