Use these 5 lucky links to help you figure out how to take charge of your participation on the social web. Link Friday is a regular feature. Do you have another suggestion or resource? Add a comment and let us know.
Now that Google has added Buzz to their offerings, users of the social web have yet another network to consider. Overwhelmed yet? Not to worry. As fast as new possibilities emerge, tools and strategies to help us cope soon follow. When it comes to developing successful strategies, I suggest building on other people’s ideas and practices rather than trying to muddle through on your own.
1. John Jantsch of Duct Tape Marketing shares his own social media routine–check it out and get inspired to create your own system.
2. Chris Brogan also gives us a comprehensive view of web presence management tasks that COULD be part of his day.
[These first two almost need a warning label: Experienced Professionals at Work—Do try this, but don’t forget to pace yourself!]
3. Soren Gordhamer has an insightful new post on Mashable.com outlining ways to think about managing your attention to social media and networks.
4. Jordan Julien provides a great framework to help you understand the lifecycle of social media participation for business so that you can better develop your goals and marketing plan.
5. Chris Brogan also offers not-to-be-missed strategies and tactics for connecting with people on the social web.